dimarts, 18 de maig del 2010

- D'entre els més escèptics / From amongst the most sceptical ones

Faithless - Sunday 8PM

It's just a bit funny that I want to talk about scepticism and I just started the post with the word "Faithless".
I chose that song earlier this afternoon to meditate for half an hour. It's a really nice song to get lost within your own thoughts, or even not focusing your mind on anything else but your own being.

I really never thought this would help me at all at any point in my life, since I'm always been avery empirical person with all those matters that involve spirituality. You might call it empirist or even sceptical, since I even rejected all this kind of stuff from anyone. Never have had any faith at all, and I guess that being initiated with christian faith was something that I could never decide with my full faculties since I was too young to understand and therefore, unable to decide if that was something I would want in my life. Either your religion or your own thoughts are so personal that no one should ever tell you what to do or what to think, and even less able to control as long as you are mature enough to believe in your own beliefs. You will always be able to pretend or to stay silent when you are asked.

But still, there I was, sitting down on the floor, with my eyes closed and riding the flow of these amazing notes, until they disappeared.

I never felt the need to believe in something or someone, since I'm too young to want to put my life in someone else's hands. But someone planted a seed somewhere and I didn't fight it, and it nourished with my insecurities and grew. That may have looked as a bad thing, but after I thought about it, it turned out it was not. We all learn unconciously to reject anything that can make you feel sad, and we all learn to enhance and maximize anything that can make us feel happier. And that's what the act of meditation has brought me; a peaceful feeling that makes me feel much better.
I'm still quite new with the meditation process, but I can already sense how good it feels to have this so self moment with oneself.

Reading what the dalai lama wrote about meditation gets me closer to where I want to be. Sometimes it seems into my eyes that I live in a very difficult world and even tho I've had a life full of oportunities, those can misslead you into some serious confusion. We have so many opportunities that I'm not surprised that us, young people, get lost so easily and have no idea of where we want to go. We have lost all references, and all that is left is us and our inner-selves.

The exercice of meditation is always in need of some pretext. You can't meditate if you don't have nothing to meditate on. You just have to focus every single cell of your body into this subject that needs all your interest. There's no way you can't feel worse, but you have nothing to lose if you try. Maybe you realize you are feeling much better about it once you've had a propper thinking-time about it.

Give it a try.

_________________________________________________

Faithless - Sunday 8PM

És curiós que parlo d'escèptics i començo el post amb la paraula "Faithless", que en anglès vol dir sense fe.
He escollit aquesta cançó per meditar aquesta tarda durant mitja hora. És una cançó molt bona per a perdre's entre els teus propis pensaments, o per a simplement, deixar la teva ment en blanc mentre procures de concentrar-te en tu mateix/a.

Mai hauria pensat que meditar m'ajudaria, ja que sempre he estat una persona molt empírica pel que fa a totes aquestes coses que són tan espirituals. Podríeu haver-me dit empirista o fins i tot escèptic, ja que sempre havia refusat tot aquest tipus de coses vinguessin de qui vinguessin. Mai hi he tingut cap mena de fe, i suposo que el fet d'haver estat iniciat a la fe cristiana va ser una cosa que mai vaig poder decidir ja que no disposava de totes les meves facultats mentals. Era massa jove i, per tant, incapaç de prendre la decisió sobre si allò era o no el que jo voldria a la meva vida. De totes maneres, tant la religió com els teus propis pensaments són coses tan personals que mai ningú t'hauria de dir què has de fer o pensar, i molt menys ser capaç de controlar-te sempre i quan siguem prou madurs com per creure en les nostres pròpies idees. Sempre pots dissimular o actuar o simplement restar en silenci quan et pregunten.

Tot i això, allà estava, seient a terra, amb els ulls closos i cavalcant la melodia, sentint el trot de cada nota, fins que desapareix.

Mai he sentit la necessitat de creure en res ni ningú. Sóc massa jove per voler posar la meva vida en mans de ningú. Però algú em va posar aquesta idea al cap, i tampoc m'hi vaig resistir. Suposo que s'ha acabat alimentant de les meves inseguretats i ha crescut fins a sortir a flor de pell. Pot semblar una cosa negativa, fins i tot sectària, però després de jo pensar-hi i donar-hi algunes voltes vaig adonar-me de que no era així. Inconscientment tots aprenem a defugir de tot allò que ens fa mal o ens fa posar tristos, i de la mateixa manera intentem millorar i maximitzar tot allò que ens fa sentir millor o més feliços. I això és el que la meditació m'ha aportat; un sentiment de pau que em fa sentir molt millor amb mi mateix.
Encara no he profunditzat amb el procés de meditació, però per a sentir els resultats no cal haver-ne fet durant gaire temps. Tenir un moment tant personal amb un mateix és molt gratificant.

Llegir el que el Dalai Lama va escriure sobre meditació m'acosta més a allà on vull ser. De vegades em sembla que visqui en un món molt complicat, tot i que he tingut la sort de néixer en una part del món on d'oportunitats no me'n faltaran, però aquest excés d'oportunitats també ens pot portar cap a la confusió. Tenim tantes coses per triar que no em sorpren que la gent jove com jo ens perdem tan fàcilment i no tinguem ni idea d'on volem anar. Perdem totes les referències i ens quedem sols amb nosaltres mateixos.

Per exercitar la meditació sempre es necessita d'un pretext. No es pot meditar sobre res, és com escriure sense tinta. Has de provar de centrar cada una de totes les teves cèl·lules del cos sobre l'objecte de la teva reflexió. No pots ni sentir-te pitjor ni tampoc hi tens res a perdre si ho proves. Potser te n'adonaràs que et sentiràs millor després d'haver-hi pensat una bona estona (del que sigui!).

Prova-ho.

2 comentaris:

  1. I am a fan of the meditation stuff, it feels great, nice to see you are exploring it. although I have never looked into anything the dalai lama said about meditation, I have used a different method to do the same thing. I try to meditate every day but often i forget to do it or don't make time for it. i think the world would be a better place if everyone learned how to meditate!

    ResponElimina
  2. "I never felt the need to believe in something or someone, since I'm too young to want to put my life in someone else's hands."

    To believe in something or someone does not mean that you have to put your life in someone else's hands. It is possible to gain the benefits of belief in something or someone and still be aware and conscious of the knowledge that you and you alone are the captain of your ship.

    ResponElimina